Thursday, February 25, 2010

Week 3

Sunday I had to run errands like the last week i worked, picking up food, coffee, and people. I had to hangout with some guests for Jerry Springer and take them to Buffalo Wild Wings. Because it's my job to "chaperone" guests so to speak, I can't leave their side - whatever or wherever they want to go (among selected choices), I have to take them.. including following them around Stamford as they took a walk. It took me a while to figure out that the two girls that I was with were trying to find someone on the streets to sell them weed.. and I told this to my PA (producers assistant), and she pretty much says that happens sometimes (of course it does, this is the jerry springer show). I spent pretty much the majority of the day with this group of girls - one of them grew so attached to me, she was sad when we parted. The guests are like, "so I'm never going to see you ever again??" it's funny, I guess I did spend the day with them and I'm part of the "experience" of coming to CT as an all expense paid trip to be on a TV show.. it's pretty cool representing NBC. I found out today that some of the interns drive an hour to work here (for free).. and we all have to pay for parking (about $5 a day).. i'm grateful at least i'm working for free from a shorter distance, and for school credit..!

Tuesday was hectic, i met a few other interns at the beginning of the shift - but i've realized that i am the only intern on tuesdays past 8 pm (i'm there til 10), and I get stuck with the residual work that the lazy jerry springer interns leave behind (on tuesdays i help with the steve wilkos show, which is filmed at night - jerry is filmed in the morning).. many times this means cleaning the green rooms of all the clothes from the ENTIRE day, and being the only intern to clean the green rooms at the end of the night.. but everybody is so nice, and I think that being the only intern makes me look good to my supervisor :)

OH and the minute i walk into work JERRY SPRINGER walks past me and a bunch of people and says, "goodbye"! haha!

and later that night.. I saw steve getting out of his dressing room haha

No comments:

Post a Comment