Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Week 4

This week at the zoo jerry springer show was a little slow at first. Every sunday I usually have been working with a certain team.. and i'm finding out that i'll be with a different team each week (a team consisting of one producer, an associative producer, and one or two producer's assistant [usually just one], and then either one or two interns.) Today my team was actually pretty boring - i stuffed envelopes at the office for a few hours.. and then went on some mundane errands (going to mcdonalds, getting t-shirts at the studio, fetching coffee and food, etc...) After the catered dinner at the office, my producer assistant pretty much let me go early - they didn't have any guests flying in any time soon to do the show. Each team is responsible for booking shows, and if they don't book guests then there is less work for me. The entire office (all teams for jerry & steve) is there all day long - and a friend i met there told me that they pretty much work all day, every day (yikes!)

Tuesday I was sent out shopping - and im getting much better at navigating through Stamford. Almost all of the places we need to go are within a 5 blocks radius .. the studio being just down the street from the office. Again, i had to fetch t-shirts at the studio. The place where i get them from is in a dark dark balcony above the set -it's pitch black and i have to search through cardboard boxes for black t-shirts, and I need to be able to distinguish size.. ugh.. I also do the usual billion errand run, as well as the usual putting guests in wardrobe, cleaning the greenrooms and putting the guests's things away. I'm getting used to the teams I've been working with for the steve show - and some of the PA's are pretty cool. I met a lot of people who commute from my hometown in Garden City, long island - an hour from stamford! I saw steve throw a shit-fit backstage also, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment