Tuesday, March 9, 2010

week 5

Boring sunday again! i'm wondering if my first day on the job was the best it's going to get - i never get to go out to eat with guests anymore! One of the things they had me to (for about 5 hours) was booking .. which is getting people to do the show. They had a last minute cancellation story and needed someone to fly out to CT THAT NIGHT, so I was acting PA for the day. I basically did what the PA's do all day every day when they don't have guests, and let me say that it sucks! I had a gigantic book of voicemails that random viewers of the show left (if you've ever seen the show, you know that they spit phone numbers at you to call and leave messages). My job was to call all of the highlighted numbers (they were highlighted according to the producer i was with), and find someone to do the show. I had to basically call strangers that called the show one day and left a goofy comment, and try to get them to want to be on the show. I had to DIG into stranger's lives to see if there was an interesting story to be broadcast on national TV. Many people hung up on me, and even more people asked me if it was a prank. Honestly I thought it was hilarious, because I used to call the Jerry Springer show as a kid and leave prank messages on the voicemail. What SUCKED is that i had the voicemail list from A YEAR AGO.. meaning these people had called to leave a random comment a year or more ago, and I had to harass them to be on TV.. damn this business is harsh!

Tuesday was typical. I had to steam some shirts for the first time, and had a good time trying to figure out the steam machine for a while.....not.

I had to go to starbucks to get coffees for the executive producer (who happens to be steve wilkos's wife), and I came back with the coffees on time.. but apparently the coffee that leaked on the lid was unacceptable - no one said anything to me, but they hastily wiped away the excess coffee that had leaked on the lid on the trek back to the studio before they gave it to her.. damn! was she really going to be that mad..?

Sometimes when there's no work to do at the studio (rare), we can sit in the production office and watch the live feed of the show that's being taped.. it's pretty cool to see the clothes i put guests in on television.

No comments:

Post a Comment